May 13, 2020
We are looking to add a passionate full-time Product Designer to our team. You will work with our Product Managers to create fun and exciting products that delight our customers, their families, and friends.
The role requires fundamental knowledge of design, manufacturing, and strong project management skills.The ideal candidate loves creating products with personality, possesses solid sketching ability and has an eye for character design.The Product Designer presents their design concepts and explains why they are great. They are able to take feedback from multiple points of view and are happy to make changes to improve the final product. We're looking for someone who would takes initiative and create the most fun toys you can imagine.
Job Type: Full-time or Part-time
Schedule: Up for Discussion
- Design and develop toys and collectibles from aesthetics and personality to play and interactivity.
- Work with product development team to create design concepts, 3D models, drawings and specifications that provide clear and precise information for the manufacturing / production of those designs to market.
- Take responsibility for the project management of multiple products with unique features, making each of them fantastic and fun to play with.
- Potentially manage multiple projects on a daily basis.
- Prepare sketches of potential product ideas and concepts to match the branding of the company.
- 2-5 years+ designing physical products. Experience with all aspects of the product development process, from conception through to a finished product. You are passionate about the design process and tirelessly pursue excellence in all aspects.
- Effective problem solver, with a hands-on “get things done” mentality. You are eager and able to solve challenges and tackle opportunities, identify potential issues and hurdles, and develop ways to get around them. You can adapt quickly to figure out innovative ways to get things done.
- Time management skills and ability to multitask. Effective prioritization and organization to stay positive and proactive in an ambiguous environment is a must. We work on different projects at times so learning to parse and prioritize is essential.
- Collaboration & communication skills. We work closely with our product management team and marketing team. Must be open to change and willing to collaborate throughout the design process. Ability to communicate verbally and through email and slack at a professional level is essential.
- High stress tolerance is needed to thrive in a high-pressure environment.
- More about you: You're positive, motivated, dynamic, thoughtful, creative, and enthusiastic with excellent judgement.
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Life insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Sick Leave
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Casual dress code
- Birthday parties
- Toys/decoration gifts to employees
Our team celebrates our diverse backgrounds. We believe that being open about who we are and what we do allows us to be better. Individuals seeking employment at Joyin Inc are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or other protected status under all applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances.
If you are interested in this position, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org